DISCLOSURE OF YOUR HEALTH CARE INFORMATION
We may disclose your health care information to other healthcare professionals within our practice for the purpose of treatment, payment or healthcare operations.
Example: “On occasion, it may be necessary to seek consultation regarding your condition from other health care providers associated with this practice.”
“It is our policy to provide a substitute health care provider, authorized by this practice to provide assessment and/or treatment to our patients, without advanced notice, in the event of your primary health care provider’s absence due to vacation, sickness, or other emergency situation.”
We may disclose your health information to your insurance provider for the purpose of payment, or health care operations.
We may disclose your health information as necessary to comply with State Workers’ Compensation Laws.
We may disclose your health information to notify or assist in notifying a family member, or another person responsible for your care about your medical condition or in the event of an emergency or of your death.
As required by law, we may disclose your health information to public health authorities for purposes related to: preventing or controlling disease, injury or disability, reporting child abuse or neglect, reporting domestic violence, reporting to the Food and Drug Administration problems with products and reactions to medications, and reporting disease or infection exposure.
Judicial and Administrative Proceedings
We may disclose your health information in the course of any administrative, or judicial proceeding.
We may disclose your health information to a law enforcement official for purposes such as identifying or locating a suspect, fugitive, material witness or missing person, complying with a court order or subpoena, and other law enforcement purposes.
We may disclose your health information to coroners or medical examiners.
We may disclose your health information to organizations involved in procuring, banking, or transplanting organs and tissues.
We may disclose your health information to researchers conducting research that has been approved by an Institutional Review Board.
It may be necessary to disclose your health information to appropriate persons in order to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health or safety of a particular person or to the general public.
Specialized Government Agencies
We may disclose your health information for military, national security, prisoner and government benefits purposes.
Change of Ownership
In the event that this practice is sold or merged with another organization, your health information/record will become the property of the new owner.
Your Health Information Rights:
- You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your health information. Please be advised, however, that this practice is not required to agree to the restriction that you requested.
- You have the right to have your health information received or communicated through an alternative method or sent to an alternative location other than the usual method of communication or delivery, upon your request.
- You have the right to inspect and copy your health information.
- You have a right to request that this practice amend your protected health information. Please be advised, however, that this practice is not required to agree to amend your protected health information. If your request to amend your health information has been denied, you will be provided with an explanation of our denial reason(s)and information about how you can disagree with the denial.
- You have a right to receive an accounting of disclosures of your protected health information made by this practice.
- You have a right to a paper copy of this Notice of Privacy Practices at any time upon request.
Changes to this Notice of Privacy Practices
This practice reserves the right to amend this Notice of Privacy Practices at any time in the future, and will make the new provisions effective for all information that it maintains. Until such amendment is made, this practice is required by law to comply with this notice.
This practice is required by law to maintain the privacy of your health information and to provide you with notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your health information. If you have questions about any part of this notice or if you want more information about your privacy rights, please contact: us by calling this office. If the Doctor is not available, you may make an appointment for a personal conference in person, or by telephone within two working days.
Complaints about your Privacy rights or how this practice has handled your health information should be directed to the doctor, by calling this office. If the doctor is not available, you may make an appointment for a personal conference in person, or by telephone within two working days.
If you are not satisfied with the manner in which this office handles your complaint, you may submit a formal complaint to:
DHHS, Office of Civil Rights
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Room 509F HHH Building
Washington, DC 20201
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these
web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations,
and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local
laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from
using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are
protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on Remke Eye Clinic’s web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Remke Eye Clinic’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Remke Eye Clinic Center at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Remke Eye Clinic’s web site are provided “as is”. Remke Eye Clinic makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Remke Eye Clinic does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site. The information contained on this website is not intended to substitute for professional advice. It does not substitute for consultation with an optometrist at Remke Eye Clinic or any other health professional. If you have questions about your own individual situation or circumstance, please contact Remke Eye Clinic or your optometrist.
In no event shall Remke Eye Clinic or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Remke Eye Clinic’s Internet site, even if Remke Eye Clinic or a Remke Eye Clinic authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Remke Eye Clinic’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Remke Eye Clinic does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Remke Eye Clinic may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Remke Eye Clinic does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Remke Eye Clinic has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Remke Eye Clinic of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Remke Eye Clinic’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee without regard to its conflict of law provisions.